Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thank you San Francisco!!!

We had our first show of the tour last night which went well overall. It was a rocky start with some adjustments to the room and adjustments for the band to get their monitor sound on stage right but it shaped up well and was a really fun show. Special thanks to everyone who came out last night; Mom, Dad, Sean, Matt, Julia, Lina and crew, Kevin and Keri, it was awesome to have you all there getting to see what I love to do and I was glad you got to hear the band too. It was our first show with Copeland, the middle support act, and they were really good. They are from Florida and a sample of their music can be found at http://www.myspace.com/copeland.

***************************** GEEK SPEAK WARNING *************************

This is the first time I had had to frontline a band with the Rentals which means that the other band sets their equipment up in front of ours and we share the mics that they need to mic their band. Now, the Rentals have 34 inputs or mics that I control so switching 16 of those, in no particular order, for Copeland gets complicated for me and for their engineer Daniel. I'm sure we'll develop more of a system in the future but for last night, it was a bit slap dash. It was the first time I double miced the kick and snare and I was really happy with the sound I got out of that.

************************* END GEEK SPEAK ************************************

We went out for some drinks and pizza after loading out and then I found myself climbing a tree at 4am to get on top of our trailer so that I could dis-connet the bus power from the venue. After that, I found my way to my little pod on the bus and woke up at 10 am in Oregon. We are at the hotel now and I think I'm going to run into town and take a dip in the river. Portland Oregon get ready, we're coming for you. 41 Shows to go.

No comments: